- Saturday, June 16, 2018
- Schuylkill River, Philadelphia, PA
- Hosted by Schuylkill Navy of Philadelphia
- This is a USRowing registered regatta. The Regatta will be conducted in accordance with USRowing Rules of Rowing.
- Questions – Contact Paul Horvat
All registration is done at www.regattacentral.com. Please review our rules below first.
- The regatta start time is 8:30 a.m. The order of events is fixed and will not be changed. Heats will start at 8:30 a.m. and be run before the first final in the same order as the finals.
- Weigh-ins will be from 7:00 to 9:00 a.m. at the weigh-in tent near the regatta officials tent located by St. Joe’s Boathouse and the return dock. Lightweight men – 160 max, no averaging. Lightweight women – 130 max, no averaging. Same for masters.
- All masters events are 1000 meters. The adaptive doubles and novice singles will also race 1000 meters. All other races are 2000 meters.
- The launch area for out-of-town crews is at the dock near Robert M. Gillin (St. Joe’s) Boathouse which is 2 miles up the river from Boathouse Row. Trailers can park in the East Park Canoe House lot. Boats and trailers can be left overnight but there is no guard. The police are pretty good about keeping an eye on things.
- Kelly Drive will be closed to non-regatta traffic starting at 6:00 am. You will need a parking pass to enter Kelly Drive during the regatta. Parking passes are available under “Travel and Parking” section of this site. Do not park on the grass as you will be ticketed.
- There is no registration packet or check-in.
- Competitors are responsible for providing their own bow numbers. Bow numbers will be on sale at the regatta officials tent, $20 for a set of six.
- Masters crews are reminded of the rule requiring them to report any line-up changes in writing not less than 2 hours prior to the start of the race. This allows the regatta committee time to recompute the age handicap and announce it to the other competitors prior to the start of the race. Violators risk disqualification.
- Winners of all events will be awarded Schuylkill Navy medals. Awards will be made at the finish line dock.
- All races will be timed with our state-of-the-art high speed, high resolution FinishLynx camera.
- Results will be processed and distributed by RaceDay software. Results will be uploaded to our web site within minutes of each races’ completion.