- Saturday, June 17, 2017
- Schuylkill River, Philadelphia, PA
- Hosted by Schuylkill Navy of Philadelphia
- This is a USRowing registered regatta. The Regatta will be conducted in accordance with USRowing Rules of Rowing.
- Questions – Contact Paul Horvat
All registration is done at www.regattacentral.com. Please review our rules below first.
- The regatta start time is 8:30 a.m. The order of events is fixed and will not be changed. Heats will start at 8:30 a.m. and be run before the first final in the same order as the finals.
- Heat sheets will be posted here.
- Weigh-ins will be from 7:00 to 9:00 a.m. at the weigh-in tent near the regatta officials tent. Lightweight men – 160 max, no averaging. Lightweight women – 130 max, no averaging. Same for masters.
- All masters events are 1000 meters. The adaptive doubles and novice singles will also race 1000 meters. All other races are 2000 meters.
- The launch area for out-of-town crews is at the docks near Robert M. Gillin Boathouse (St. Joe’s) which is 2 miles up the river from Boathouse Row. Trailers can park in the Gillin lot (between the St. Joe’s & Temple boathouses). We will use both the Temple docks (launching) & the City Docks (recovery). Kelly Drive will be closed to non-regatta traffic. Do not park on the grass as you will be ticketed. Boats and trailers can be left overnight but there is no guard. The police are pretty good about keeping an eye on things.
- There is no registration packet or check-in.
- Competitors are responsible for providing their own bow numbers. Bow numbers will be on sale at the regatta officials tent, $15 for a set of six.
- Masters crews are reminded of the rule requiring them to report any line-up changes in writing not less than 2 hours prior to the start of the race. This allows the regatta committee time to recompute the age handicap and announce it to the other competitors prior to the start of the race. Violators risk disqualification.
- Winners of all events will be awarded Schuylkill Navy medals.
- All races will be timed with our state-of-the-art high speed, high resolution FinishLynx camera.
- Results will be processed and distributed by RaceDay software. Results will be uploaded to our web site within minutes of each races’ completion.